EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Coding Help! / Where did it Go... My session that is..

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Where did it Go... My session that is..

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

jarottman
02-02-2005 @ 11:24 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I have a table that calls the username and password so that a user can log in. It then stores a session var called userID. I then pull that user id from anotehr table (it has the field)to display information just for that user. Everything works fine when I load single pages the var is called correctly, but when I try to use that var in an include those pages do not load at all..

Any ideas??

This message was edited by jarottman on 2-2-05 @ 11:34 AM

GrowlyBear
02-02-2005 @ 11:39 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

have to ask, you are using session management.

Post the code please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

jarottman
02-02-2005 @ 11:50 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

... If I told you what the problem was, you would probaly find me and kick me. God knows I am kicking my self as is....

and yes I was using session management.

CJ
02-02-2005 @ 11:52 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

c'mon...share with the class! Smile  

-CJ-
@ #coldfusion/DALNet
http://charlie.griefer.com

GrowlyBear
02-02-2005 @ 12:21 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Well this is what happened to me.
My session were not holding the values.
So I could not log in, but my visitor count was up to 20
considering that this is my test server at home it was obviously count me 20 times.
Solution edit my firewall to allow 3rd party cookies and BAM! I could log in and everything was fine.
Moral of the story, it is not always the session management fault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

jarottman
02-02-2005 @ 12:46 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!