EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Coding Help! / displaying query results in different colors?

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: displaying query results in different colors?

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

devondago
03-25-2003 @ 9:55 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

I have results from a query that I am bringing in this way...
                         <cfloop query = "getc" ><font size=1 color="000000" face=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica>#getc.chour#:#getc.cmin# #getc.eventdes#</font>
I would like for each result to be brought in in a different color is there a way to do this other than creating a table to referece the eventdes by color?

CJ
03-25-2003 @ 12:36 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

what would be the criteria to determine color?  time of day?

If so (and assuming chour is 24 hour format)...

<cfloop query="getc">
     <cfif chour LT 10>
          <font size="1" color="##000000">#myData#</font>
          </font>
     <cfelseif chour GTE 10 AND chour LT 6>
          <font size="1" color="##ff0000">#myData#</font>
          </font>
     <cfelse>
          <font size="1" color="##0000ff">#myData#</font>
          </font>
     </cfif>
</cfloop>

This will check the chour variable and output a different color for morning, afternoon, and evening.

This is a very very basic example, and can be done much more robustly...i just figured i'd wait until i heard back regarding exactly what it was you want to do Smile

hth,
CJ

devondago
03-25-2003 @ 1:46 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

What I would like is to see the eventdes come in with different colors. lets say
tennis 7:00 (blue text)
Bowling 8:15 (green text) etc....
I hope you follow me.
thanks for the help!

Webmaster
03-25-2003 @ 2:08 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

You could use the same mechanism as in this tutorial:
http://tutorial22.easycfm.com/

<cfloop query = "getc" >
   <font size=1 color="###iif(currentrow MOD 2,DE('0000ff'),DE('ff0000'))#" face=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica>#getc.chour#:#getc.cmin# #getc.eventdes#</font>
</cfloop>

That will give you alternating colors Playful Wink

Thanks,
Pablo Varando

=====================================================

devondago
03-25-2003 @ 3:04 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Thank YOU it works...I am reaching here but how about if i have 6 events coming in? I noticed you tried with 2 but in the event that i have more how would I increase it?
like this?
<cfloop query = "getc" ><font size=1 color="####iif(currentrow MOD 3,DE('000080'),DE('ggccgg'),DE('cccccc'))#" face=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica>#getc.chour#:#getc.cmin# #getc.eventdes#</font>
please let me know.

Webmaster
03-25-2003 @ 3:13 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!