EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Coding Help! / i want a code for a page just like a explorer

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: i want a code for a page just like a explorer

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

helloworld
10-09-2003 @ 10:00 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

now ,i need a code for a page just like a explorer in w2k.it should enable some file management functions such as copy,move ,list,upload.who can help me?
thank the author very much.Text

I am helloworld!

CJ
10-09-2003 @ 10:36 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

helloworld:

this isn't a forum where you post "i want"s and get code handed to you.  we're more than happy to help, and I'll tell you that you need to get started either using <cfdirectory>, or <cfobject> and window's FSO.

check the docs to see how cfdirectory works if need be.  if you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

-CJ-
@ #coldfusion/DALNet
http://charlie.griefer.com

helloworld
10-09-2003 @ 8:22 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

CJ:
   i am so sorry for what i have said. but i am actually a new person to the forum and coldfusion.i must finish the task in two days.before yesterday,i have no knowledge about coldfusion.
   if i have some other mistakes ,please talk to me .thank you very much.

I am helloworld!

CJ
10-10-2003 @ 12:11 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

helloworld:

is this for school?  for work?  how did you come into the position of having to build a complete application (in a language that you are not familiar with) in two days?

-CJ-
@ #coldfusion/DALNet

chhchung
10-10-2003 @ 11:30 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Why no one answer my question?  Everytime i post a question, no one will answer. Alwayz 0 replies.  Because my question is stupid?

CJ
10-10-2003 @ 12:19 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

chhchung:

according to this page:

http://www.easycfm.com/forums/search.cfm?username=chhchung

you have started 20 posts.  15 of those have received responses.  that's a 75%. in other words, for every 4 posts you have, only 1 goes unanswered, but 3 get responses.

i'd say that for getting free advice, 3 out of 4 is a pretty good ratio.  your 'Alwayz 0 replies' seems a bit ungrateful, in hindsight.

i've been meaning (for a long time) to post something tho that might help address your concerns.  something to the effect of "how to ask a good question".  i see a lot of posts where either:

a) a question is not specifically stated
b) a question is too generic or vague
c) a question has 1000 lines of code attached
d) the question can be easily answered by looking in the manual
e) the question has been asked already on this forum

all of the above significantly reduce the likelihood of a response being made.  i'm not saying any of these applies to you specifically, as i've not gone back and re-read all of your posts.  but you might want to see if any of these describe the posts you've made.

also, it's entirely likely that if you've encountered a very difficult situation, that nobody knows the answer.  there's a wide range of 'talent' on this forum, from beginner to (dare I say) expert.  but we aren't tech support for MM.  sometimes there are posts that we just don't know the answer to (i shouldn't speak for others...but there are sometimes posts that *i* don't know the answer to), so there is no response.

if you don't get a response to a question, try rephrasing it.  try making it more specific.  or make sure it's not a question that you could easily get the answer to in the manual, or by doing a quick google search.

i'm sorry you don't feel that you get enough attention from the others on this forum.  we all have other obligations, be it work/school/family/etc.  take that into consideration as well.

-CJ-
@ #coldfusion/DALNet

This message was edited by CJ on 10-10-03 @ 12:25 PM

apletfx
10-12-2003 @ 4:26 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!