EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Coding Help! / integrating a cf upload into nicEdit

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: integrating a cf upload into nicEdit

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

megan
01-15-2013 @ 10:12 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hello Smile

I am wanting to integrate nicEdit http://nicedit.com/ into an application

and it is really easy except that I also want to be able to make the upload image button functional on a cf server (in my case Railo 4)

to do that I had to point to the file I wanted to use
e.g. uploadURI : 'http://path/to/upload.cfm'

that is OK

the code inside the upload.cfm uploads the image to the desired place and creates a JSON representation of resulting data.

e.g. {"error":"","width":"100","done":"1","msg":"","url":"\/images\/myimage.jpg"}

Here's the code I have been playing with so far:

<cfset r = structNew()>
<cfset r['msg'] = "">
<cfset r['error'] = "">
<cfset r['done'] = "">
<cfset r['width'] = "">
<cfset r['url'] = "">

<cfset myuploadpath = "#GetDirectoryFromPath(
   GetCurrentTemplatePath()
    ).ReplaceFirst(
    "([^\\\/]+[\\\/]){1}$", ""
    )#">

<cfif isdefined("form.FIELDNAMES")>
      <cffile action = "upload" destination = "#myuploadpath#\images\" accept="image/*" nameconflict="makeunique">
<cfset r['done'] = "1">
<cfset r['width'] = "100">
<cfset r['url'] = "/images/#file.serverFile#">
<cfelse>
    <cfset r["error"] = "No file was uploaded.">
</cfif>
<cfoutput>#serializeJSON(r)#</cfoutput>

url, width, & done are the same as returned by the PHP version of an upload script at: http://nicedit.com/svn/nicedit/trunk/nicUpload/php/nicUpload.php

but for whatever reason, I cannot get the returned link to the image to be inserted into the nicEdit textArea the same as when using the default imageshack upload and I just do not know hardly anything about JSON (or PHP) in order to get this last step to fall into place

has anyone integrated a coldfusion upload into nicEdit? or do you have any suggestions for how I might proceed from here? I am so close but so far Frown

thanks for any help, Megan

-------------------------------------------------------
"The chief cause of failure & unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now." ~Zig Ziglar

megan
01-16-2013 @ 11:10 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!