EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Coding Help! / Drop Down for Select Times

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Drop Down for Select Times

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

4Dante
11-18-2008 @ 9:41 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi,

I'm kinda a noob and though I know a few ways to do this, I wondered what is the most practical way to approach this issue.

I'm creating a scheduling page that will allow users to pick a start time and end time for each day of the week.  

I wasn't sure what format was best to use in the DB since it's just the time so 'datetime' didn't seem appropriate but maybe I'm wrong there.

I was also gonna use 2 drop-down boxes for each day of the week (one as a start time and the other as an end time) though again, I wasn't sure if this was the most efficient way to do this. Should I use a loop, or reference a table for the available times, or just manually list each option in the select statement.

I appreciate any help and advice you can give.

Thanks!

4Dante
11-18-2008 @ 12:44 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!