EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Coding Help! / Client mac address

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Client mac address

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

angrycoder
04-18-2008 @ 7:03 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi All
I am new in coldfusion. Can any help me to get client mac address or client harddisk serial number or motherbord serial number. I have an application in which only few machines can access this application that is stored in database. How can i track those machine information. Any suggestion will be appricitable.

Thanks in advance

Angry coder

nmiller
04-18-2008 @ 1:55 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

You can't read that type of client information in a web application, regardless of language.

There are many other options to secure the application - the best choice depends on why you need to limit access to certain machines.

Is there a technical reason why you need to restrict access to physical machines?

Nathan Miller
NM Consulting

Webmaster
04-18-2008 @ 5:08 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar
Administrator

If you use c#, you can create an activeX that the user can install on their client machine, and with that you can invoke requests... but it would require the user to allow that to happen.

Is this for a closed application or an internet application?

Pablo Varando
Senior Application Architect
EasyCFM.COM, LLC.

904.483.1457 \\ mobile
webmaster@easycfm.com \\email

angrycoder
04-21-2008 @ 12:45 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!