EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Coding Help! / Query of Query; Counting records

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Query of Query; Counting records

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

4Dante
02-13-2008 @ 5:35 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hello,

I'm relatively new to ColdFusion so please bear with me. I'm sure there's probably a simple solution to this but I've literally spent hours online trying to find something but to no avail.

Anyway, all I'm trying to do is query a query using the count function.

Exm:

<cfQuery  name= "UserInfo">

Select Name, State, Phone, count <tblUser.Name> as Count
from TblUser
group by State

</query>

<cfQuery name= "UserInfo"> Select Name, State, Phone, count <tblUser.Name> as Count from TblUser group by State </query>

Now what I need to do is only return the results from States that contain more than 50 records. I simplified the example but that's pretty much the gist of the problem I'm having.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

dlackey
02-13-2008 @ 5:46 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

What are the error message you are receiving?  Are you getting results, not the results you expect, or other?  

At first glance, your UserInfo query may not be syntactingly correct (if that is a word).  Count may be a reserved word depending on the DB you are using so I did make some slight adjustments. This hasn't been tested but the idea is:

<cfquery name="test" datasource="#test.dsn#">
Select Name, State, Phone, count <tblUser.Name> as ttl_Count
from TblUser
group by State
</cfquery>
<cfquery name="count_test" dbtype="query">
select count(ttl_Count) as count_sub
from test
</cfquery>

Cheers,
Chip

4Dante