EasyCFM.COM ColdFusion Forums / Tutorial Requests! / Shopping Cart

Reply to Discussion | New Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Shopping Cart

book mark this topic Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Benign
01-31-2008 @ 6:35 PM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi:
I needed a shopping cart tutorial and http://tutorial268.easycfm.com/ looked very great but it has some bugs and isn't a very complete one. I just wonder of anyone has any tutorial that uses the same tutorial with more complete options ad bug free?
Thanks
Benign

louissto56
02-01-2008 @ 6:00 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Why not try fix the bugs yourself? Tutorials arn't meant to hand you an application on a platter. You are meant to learn from it and see how other coders go about doing certain things. So if I were you, I would use that tutorial and adapt it to what you have right now or if you can see that one way wont work on your site, change it to another way.

Tutorials are meant to teach so learn Smile

Louis

Benign
02-01-2008 @ 6:54 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!
Powered by Gravatar

Hi:
You are 100% right. I fixed the tutorial and trying to develop it so I may submit the whole debugged code here but I wondered if you have any more advanced shopping cart with the same style of coding as http://tutorial268.easycfm.com/. That's it. I didn't mean to ask for the whole solution cause I believe what you said. I should learn and tutorials are guide lines to help me learn.
But about Bug_free tutorials all I say is:
Sometimes some bugs in some tutorials make newbies like me confused and frustrated. I'm a medical doctor with no programing background who loves to learn Coldfusion to develop some applications. Learning a programing language was my dream and I chose CF because of its ease of use and power. While other languages are much harder to learn, most of them (like PHP or .Net) have more tutorial and learning resources all around the web. I wish CF had the same learning supply.
Thanks for the reply.
Benign

louissto56
02-01-2008 @ 7:40 AM
Edit
Send P.M.
My Gravatar!